Displaced Students

GCA participates in the education of displaced students by providing specific support and supplies to help with their education. A “displaced” student is any student who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This could mean that a child is sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing or economic hardship; is living in motels, etc. due to the lack of alternative accommodations; is living in emergency or transitional shelters; or is awaiting foster care placement. If you are currently experiencing homelessness and are in need of assistance, Please contact our Transitional Student Liaisons, Chasity Collier (, Michelle Dalton ( or Creystal Fagbohun (

Learn More:

Georgia Department of Education Contact:

Erica Glenn
Grants Program
Phone: 404.295.4705
Fax: 404.344.4526


A complaint to Georgia Department of Education must be made in one of two ways:

  • In writing and signed by the complainant