Referral & Eligibility
Gifted qualifications are set forth by GaDOE guidelines and implemented in accordance with specific Georgia Cyber Academy program criteria. Once a student is qualified in the state of Georgia for the Gifted program, he or she will not have to retest. Advanced program requirements are subject to change year to year; therefore, students may need to requalify annually to remain in the those courses.
- Suggested Referral: A student is referred for consideration by teachers, counselors, administrators, or parent/guardians with knowledge of student’s academic abilities
- Automatic Referral: Students who score at specified levels on nationally norm-referenced tests
- Eligibility Team: The eligibility team uniformly considers information collected on student referrals. The team decides if it is appropriate to proceed with formal evaluation.
If the Eligibility team decided that it is appropriate to proceed:
- Formal Evaluation: Student is referred for Gifted Education in Mental Ability, Achievement, Creativity, and Motivation
If the Eligibility team decided that additional evaluation is not needed:
- Not Eligible: General Education
- Eligibility Team: Reviews assessment results and makes recommendation
- if Eligible: Gifted Services Recommendation
- if Not Eligible: General Education