Referral & Eligibility
General Advanced and Gifted qualifications are set forth by GaDOE Gifted guidelines and implemented in accordance with specific Georgia Cyber Academy program criteria. These requirements are subject to change year to year; therefore, students may need to requalify annually to remain in the Advanced & Gifted program. Participants in the Advanced & Gifted program are expected to maintain exemplary progress and achievement.
- Suggested Referral: A student is referred for consideration by teachers, counselors, administrators, or parent/guardians with knowledge of student’s academic abilities
- Automatic Referral: Students who score at specified levels on nationally norm-referenced tests
- Eligibility Team: The eligibility team uniformly considers information collected on student referrals. The team decides if it is appropriate to proceed with formal evaluation.
If the Eligibility team decided that it is appropriate to proceed:
- Formal Evaluation: Student is referred for Gifted Education in Mental Ability, Achievement, Creativity, and Motivation
If the Eligibility team decided that additional evaluation is not needed:
- Not Eligible: General Education
- Eligibility Team: Reviews assessment results and makes recommendation
- if Eligible: Gifted Services Recommendation
- if Not Eligible: General Education