Community Events and Field Trips
The Community Partnership Department’s primary purpose is to focus on the GCA community by helping build partnerships with museums, historic sites, colleges and businesses across the state. Supporting all grades K-12 with programming and opportunities for students to attend educational classes, field trips, and community service options to help with their academics and wellness. Our staff collaborates with all departments to help with student achievement and growth.
- *Aviation with Middle Georgia State University
- *Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park
- Booth Museum - American Indians: Cultures & Contributions
- *Atlanta Opera - Final Dress Rehearsal for Madame Butterfly
- Roles, Responsibilities & Career Opportunities for Attorneys
- Fit Friday: ETO Fitness
- Science Power Hour: Scientific Method
- *College Tour & Pig Dissection with Valdosta State University
- Microsoft Monday: Frozen Planet II
- *EcoTours with Erica: Winter Hibernation
- Tennessee Aquarium: Animal Ambassadors Hour
- Imagination Station: Spy Fiction
- *Mini Movie Night at Dunwoody Nature Center - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Fit Friday: Motivations & Muscles with Mayya
- Champ Hoot Hour
- Microsoft Mondays: Latinexplorers - A Hispanic Heritage Journey
- *STEAM Generation - WAITLISTED
- *National Infantry Museum
- *Art with Clay (Hybrid Event)
- *Tidelands Nature Center
- Jacksonville Zoo
- Toy Inventor's Club Meeting
- Usher's New Look Club Meeting
- Microsoft Monday+: Minecraft TIMECRAFT
- Minecraft Mondays: Mario's Secret Adventure
- *Corny Outdoors Nature Walk on the Atlanta Beltline - WAITLISTED
- Ecologist School: Anthropology
- Chattanooga Zoo: Virtual Zoology
- Cooking with Champions
- Kroger Chef Jr
- Fit Friday: ETO Fitness
- Hands on Science: GCA Baking Event
- Plant Dying with Corny Outdoors
- *STEAM Generation
- Ecologist School: Mammalogy
- *Winter Social at Great Wolf Lodge
- Usher's New Look Monthly Meeting
- Science Power Hour: Arctic Animals
- *Skating Social
- *Imagination Station: Book Slam & Movie
- *Winter Bowling Social
- *High School Winter Social
- *Gingerbread Building Competition
Students that are performing below grade level are limited to 2 (two) field trip excused absences per semester. All assignments are still required to be completed. Also, class recordings MUST be reviewed for all required classes.
Students are not permitted to participate in field trips that fall on Pre-Test, NWEA MAP, IA, Final Exams, Access or Milestones EOG/EOC assessment days unless those exams have been previously completed.
Before attending an in-person event, please fill out the GCA Liability Release form. Scan the code below to fill out the liability release form online or download, complete, and provide a copy to us.
Mercedes Benz Stadium
Cooking with Champ
Coca Cola Space Center
Jekyll Island 4H
Information on our Policy For Events and Field Trips from our Parent/Student Handbook.
Georgia Cyber Academy offers the benefits of a brick and mortar school...right for you right from home.
Students access lessons and live classes online. Parents and students are partnered with certified teachers who instruct and guide student progress and achievement. In the online classroom, students participate in real-time, direct instruction from their teachers. During the school day, parents provide support and guidance to their student. Georgia Cyber Academy is a 100% tuition-free, online, accredited, Georgia public charter school for students in grades K-12.