Community Events and Field Trips
The Community Partnership Department’s primary purpose is to focus on the GCA community by helping build partnerships with museums, historic sites, colleges and businesses across the state. Supporting all grades K-12 with programming and opportunities for students to attend educational classes, field trips, and community service options to help with their academics and wellness. Our staff collaborates with all departments to help with student achievement and growth.
- *Splash Pad Social: Chattanooga
- National Gallery of Art
- Microsoft Monday: Wonders of Africa
- Smithsonian National Zoo
- *High Museum of Art
- *Go Fish Education Center
- National Museum of Natural History
- *Shakespeare Tavern: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Microsoft Monday: What is Machine Learning?
- *Splash Pad Social: Grovetown
- *Roller Skating Social: Gray
- Microsoft Monday: Journey to the Outback
- *ECO Center
- *Splash Pad Social: Covington
- The Science of Cooking: Ice Cream in a Bag
- Nicodemus National Historic Site
- *Georgia Sea Turtle Center
- *Bowling Social: Columbus
- Microsoft Monday+: Make Your Own App Lab
Students that are performing below grade level are limited to 2 (two) field trip excused absences per semester. All assignments are still required to be completed. Also, class recordings MUST be reviewed for all required classes.
Students are not permitted to participate in field trips that fall on Pre-Test, NWEA MAP, IA, Final Exams, Access or Milestones EOG/EOC assessment days unless those exams have been previously completed.
- Museum of the American Revolution
- Toy Inventors Club Meeting
- *Bear Hollow Zoo
- *Tennessee Aquarium IMAX Theater
- *Bowling Social: Augusta
- Wahsega 4-H
- *It’s Game Time: High School Social
- *Fortson 4-H - 6th - 12th grade only
- *Bear Creek Nature Center
- *Simulated NASA Launch at Challenger Learning Center
- Hour of Science with Rosita
- *Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Park
Mercedes Benz Stadium
Cooking with Champ
Coca Cola Space Center
Jekyll Island 4H
Information on our Policy For Events and Field Trips from our Parent/Student Handbook.
Georgia Cyber Academy offers the benefits of a brick and mortar school...right for you right from home.
Students access lessons and live classes online. Parents and students are partnered with certified teachers who instruct and guide student progress and achievement. In the online classroom, students participate in real-time, direct instruction from their teachers. During the school day, parents provide support and guidance to their student. Georgia Cyber Academy is a 100% tuition-free, online, accredited, Georgia public charter school for students in grades K-12.