Fall Community Day 2022
FALL COMMUNITY DAY REGISTRATION
Attention Parents and Students, ALL Registration for FALL Community Day is now CLOSED!!!!
We look forward to seeing you at Fall Community DAy.
GCA families and staff come on out on Community Day, October 19th, for fun in-person across the state. Regular scheduled classes are canceled, so you have the opportunity to attend one of our Community Day events or you can choose to have fun on your own to celebrate Community Day.
All entrance fees will be covered by the GCA Community Partnerships Team; however, some locations may require a parking fee which will not be covered by GCA. Please see the event details below for locations that require parking fees.
***NO PETS ALLOWED on COMMUNITY DAYS***
Share with the Community
Share the fun! Post photos from your home and outdoor activities to show us how you are having fun on October 19th! Please tag us to showcase how you're celebrating GCA Fall Community Day on any of our social media channels @GCAchampions #GCAchampions #GCAcommunityDAY #RiseAimSoar #TalonsUp
See below for photos from our previous Community Day!
Enjoy Community Day!
- Tellus Science Museum - Cartersville, GA
- Hillside Orchards - Lakemont, GA
- Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center - Buford, GA
- Panola Mountain State Park - Stockbridge, GA
- Mitcham Farm - Oxford, GA - Covington Area
- Lane Southern Orchards - Fort Valley, GA
- Steed’s Dairy - Grovetown, GA
- Oxbow Meadows - Columbus, GA
- Rutland Farms - Tifton, GA
- Ottawa Farms - Bloomingdale, GA - Savannah Area
*As a reminder, appropriate attire is required for any session that may allow for video. Please also remember to remain on mute so that everyone can enjoy each session. Some of the rooms may have large attendance so we will have helpers to assist with questions in the chat box. Be sure to come to the session on time to make sure you hear all instructions upon entering. All etiquette is listed in the school handbook. Please note failure to follow the rules of the session would cause for removal of a student for the duration of the online event.
All GCA students can access school level virtual sessions with their respective grade band teachers and staff by:
- Choosing any content course in Canvas
- Clicking on “Jigsaw”
- Clicking “See All My Sessions”
- Choosing the desired Community Day virtual session
Students may choose as many sessions as they would like to attend and may even attend different grade level activities to visit with some of your previous teachers.
- Where can I find all information on sessions offered for the day?
- When should I login?
- Are there live classes on Community Day?
- Is Community Day required?
- Will cameras, mics and chat be open for all sessions?
- Do I have to pre-register to attend?
- Are there any suggestions for outdoor activities if we don’t attend an in-person Community Day hosted by GCA?
Information about our Events and Community Partnerships
The Community Partnership Department’s primary purpose is to focus on the GCA community by helping build partnerships with museums, historic sites, colleges and businesses across the state. Supporting all grades K-12 with programming and opportunities for students to attend educational classes, field trips, and community service options to help with their academics and wellness. Our staff collaborates with all departments to help with student achievement and growth.
To learn more about our Partnerships please visit our Events and Community page.