Fall Community Day 2021
September 29, 2021
Join us on Community Day, September 29th, for fun in-person and virtual events. Regular scheduled classes are cancelled so you have the option to attend one (or more) of our Community Day events or you can choose to have fun on your own on Community Day.
All entrance fees will be covered by GCA Community Partnerships; however, some locations may require a parking fee, which is not covered by GCA. Please see event details below for locations that require parking fees.
***NO PETS ALLOWED on COMMUNITY DAYS***
Share with the Community
Share the fun! Post your photos from your home and outdoor activities to show us how you are having fun on September 29th! Please tag us to showcase how you're celebrating GCA Fall Community Day on any of our social media channels @GCAchampions #GCAcommunityDAY #GCAchampions #TalonsUp
Enjoy Community Day!
- Adel, GA - Reed Bingham State Park
- Albany, GA – Flint Riverquarium
- Athens, GA - Bear Hollow Zoo
- Atlanta, GA - Piedmont Park
- Augusta, GA - Canal Boat Tour
- Cartersville, GA – Etowah Indians Mounds
- Columbus, GA - Oxbow Meadows
- Fort Oglethorpe - 6th Cavalry Museum & Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park
- Macon, GA – Georgia Sports Hall of Fame
- Pooler , GA - Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum
- St Simons, GA - Lighthouse Museum and Putt Putt Golf
- Tallulah Falls, GA - Tallulah Gorge State Park
Champion Clothing Design Contest!
Help us outfit our team in our Champion Clothing Design Contest! We are hosting a fun community day contest where you can enter your design to be randomly selected for one of your amazing GCA staff members listed below! The deadline for your entry is October 15th at 4pm.
Please note there is only one entry per form. Each GCA student must enter the contest individually. You can choose to design a hat, dress or shirt or all three but you must enter them separately in the form. The form must be completed correctly and in its entirety to be accepted for the drawing. It can use our theme as a school or be a creative design that is brand new.
You must enter your submission with the student's first name, last initial, grade and student ID as the title of the upload. Please be sure to keep your art in case we need it if you are selected.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please remember you can only enter using the website entry form. You must upload your design on the website using the options below.
*As a reminder, appropriate attire is required for any session that may allow for video. Please also remember to remain on mute so that everyone can enjoy each session. Some of the rooms may have large attendance so we will have helpers to assist with questions in the chat box. Be sure to come to the session on time to make sure you hear all instructions upon entering. All etiquette is listed in the school handbook. Please note failure to follow the rules of the session would cause for removal of a student for the duration of the online event.
- Where can I find all information on sessions offered for the day?
- When should I login?
- Are there live classes on Community Day?
- Is Community Day required?
- Will cameras, mics and chat be open for all sessions?
- Some of sessions are on Microsoft Teams, how can I login?
- Can I go outdoors on Community Day?
- Do I have to pre-register to attend?
- Are there any suggestions for outdoor activities?
Information about our Events and Community Partnerships
The Community Partnership Department’s primary purpose is to focus on the GCA community by helping build partnerships with museums, historic sites, colleges and businesses across the state. Supporting all grades K-12 with programming and opportunities for students to attend educational classes, field trips, and community service options to help with their academics and wellness. Our staff collaborates with all departments to help with student achievement and growth.
To learn more about our Partnerships please visit our Events and Community page.