Parent & Family Engagement Policy
Georgia Cyber Academy (GCA) believes that family engagement involves the participation of parents and family members in regular two-way meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities. Our family engagement program and activities are designed to ensure that:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education.
- Parents feel supported and empowered by staff.
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Parents feel connected to other GCA families and the GCA community.
The district will educate teachers, specialized instructional support personnel, principles, other school leaders, and other staff – with the assistance of parents – in the value and utility of contribution of parents, and in how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with parents as equal partners, implement and coordinate parent programs, and build times between parents and the school.
What is Title I?
GCA is identified as a Title I district and school as part of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Title I is designed to support state and local school reform efforts tied to the challenging state academic standards to improve teaching and learning for students. Title I programs must be based on effective means of improving student achievement and include strategies to support family engagement. All Title I schools must jointly develop with parents and family members a written parent and family engagement policy.
Parent Engagement and Involvement Opportunities
GCA welcomes our parents and Learning Coaches to become active participants through volunteering and participating in parent leadership opportunities at our school. Please consider partnering with us to ensure the academic success of all students and the engagement of all families at GCA.
Family Supports and Resources
- CLIP (District Improvement Plan) Family & Stakeholder Input Meeting – March 28, 2023
- SPANISH CLIP (District Improvement Plan) Family & Stakeholder Input Meeting – March 30, 2023
- Title I End of Year Review & Input Meeting – April 11, 2023
- SPANISH Title I End of Year Review & Input Meeting – April 18, 2023
- District Town Hall – August 11, 2022
- Gifted Program Information Session August 16, 2022
- Curriculum Nights – Grades K-2 - 8/30/2022, Grades 3-5 - 8/30/2022, Grades 6-8 - 9/01/2022, Grades 9-12 - 09/01/2022
- Copyright Piracy & Literacy Training - September 8, 2022
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – September 13, 2022
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – September 20, 2022
- English Learner Family Night – October 4, 2022
- Annual Title I Meeting – October 11, 2022
- Spanish Annual Title I Meeting – October 18, 2022
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – October 25, 2022
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – November 10, 2022
- Senate Bill 60 Parent Information Session – November 10, 2022
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – November 15, 2022
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – November 17, 2022
- Financial Literacy Nights – December 13, 2022
- Financial Literacy Nights – December 14, 2022
- Financial Literacy Nights – December 15, 2022
- District Town Hall – January 12, 2023
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – February 14, 2023
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – February 21, 2023
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – March 14, 2023
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – March 14, 2022
- Senate Bill 60 Parent Information Session – May 9, 2023
- District Town Hall – May 11, 2023
- Technology Trainings
For more information about upcoming meetings or to access recordings from previous meetings, please visit our GCA Parent Calendar . Recordings will be placed on the calendar. Recordings will contain meeting documents and feedback opportunities.
Thank you for your collaboration in building an effective parent-school partnership for the continuous improvement of our school.