Parent & Family Engagement Policy
Georgia Cyber Academy (GCA) believes that family engagement involves the participation of parents and family members in regular two-way meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities. Our family engagement program and activities are designed to ensure that:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education.
- Parents feel supported and empowered by staff.
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Parents feel connected to other GCA families and the GCA community.
GCA is identified as a Title I district and school as part of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Title I is designed to support state and local school reform efforts tied to the challenging state academic standards to improve teaching and learning for students. Title I programs must be based on effective means of improving student achievement and include strategies to support family engagement. All Title I schools must jointly develop with parents and family members a written parent and family engagement policy.
PARENT ENGAGEMENT AND INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
GCA welcomes our parents and Learning Coaches to become active participants through volunteering and participating in parent leadership opportunities at our school. Please consider partnering with us to ensure the academic success of all students and the engagement of all families at GCA.
Family Supports and Resources
- CLIP (District Improvement Plan) Family & Stakeholder Input Meeting – March 15, 2022
- SPANISH CLIP (District Improvement Plan) Family & Stakeholder Input Meeting – March 24, 2022
- Title I End of Year Review & Input Meeting – April 12, 2022
- SPANISH Title I End of Year Review & Input Meeting – April 21, 2022
- District Town Hall – August 10, 2021
- Gifted Program Information Session August 12, 2021
- Copyright Piracy & Literacy Training - August 24, 2021
- Curriculum Nights – Grades K-2 08/26/2021, Grades 3-5 - 8/30/2021, Grades 6-8 - 08/31/2021, Grades 9-12 - 09/01/2021
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – September 21, 2021
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – September 23, 2021
- English Learner Family Night – October 5, 2021
- Annual Title I Meeting – October 12, 2021
- Spanish Annual Title I Meeting – October 21, 2021
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – November 9, 2021
- Senate Bill 60 Parent Information Session – November 16, 2021
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – November 18, 2021
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – December 14, 2021
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – December 16, 2021
- District Town Hall – January 11, 2022
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – February 1, 2022
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – February 8, 2022
- Parent Meeting & Parent University – March 8, 2021
- SPANISH Parent Meeting & Parent University – March 10, 2022
- Senate Bill 60 Parent Information Session – May 3, 2022
- District Town Hall – May 17, 2022
- Technology Trainings
Thank you for your collaboration in building an effective parent-school partnership for the continuous improvement of our school.