Families who meet the requirements listed below are eligible to receive either a hot spot or in special circumstances an ISP supplement checks to help off-set the cost of internet service for their student(s). More information about Hot Spots can be found on our Internet page.
Free and Reduced Lunch Eligibility
Georgia Cyber Academy does not have a meal program; however, we do use the eligibility status from this process to determine support for internet assistance. The data collected is reported to the state as an overall percentage of students who are eligible for free or reduced meals; therefore, even if you do not need internet assistance, your completion of the application process is appreciated.
In order to determine eligibility for Free and Reduced lunch status, please follow the instructions below.
- Log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Need help logging into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal? Contact your Family Success Liaison or visit our Infinite Campus page for assistance.
- In the navigation on the left side of the screen, select "Applications/Forms", then select "click here to start the application process".
- Read the disclaimer and select "Yes" to set up your E-Signature PIN.
- Create your E-Signature PIN by entering (5) letters, numbers or special characters (!@#$%^&*+?~|=_) into the spaces provided. You must have at least one each of two of the types. Re-enter the PIN. Enter in your Infinite Campus Parent Portal password and select "Submit". IMPORTANT: Write down this PIN. It will be required when the application is submitted.
- The "Meal Benefits Application" screen will appear. The tabs across the top show the progression of the application as follows:
- Letter to Household
- Signer Confirmation
- Household Members
- Gross Income
Select "Next" after reviewing and following any instructions or pop up messages on each tab to progress through the application.
- On the "Authorization tab, enter in the E-Signature PIN that you created during step 4 then select "Submit".
- The ""Submitted" tab will show your application. You are welcome to print or save for your records. Select "Quit". Select "Yes" on the pop up screen.
IMPORTANT: Hot spots, instead of ISP checks, were sent to returning families based on last year's eligibility. To continue receiving the service for 19-20 school year, families must complete the application for this year; otherwise, connectivity to current equipment may be removed. All applications will be reviewed, regardless of prior eligibility.
Please complete the application prior to September 30th.
The status of your application can be viewed under the "Messages" tab on the left navigation of your Infinite Campus Parent Portal by selecting "Your Meal Benefits Application has been submitted for processing". Make note of your application number.
IMPORTANT: While your application is under review, Infinite Campus will automatically generate a message stating that you are required to pay for your child(ren)'s school meals until the application is processed. Georgia Cyber Academy does not have a meal program. Please disregard this statement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Who is eligible for the Free and Reduced Meal Program?
- Are homeless, runaway and migrant children eligible?
- Should I fill out an application if I received notification this school year saying my children are approved?
- What if I already have a Hot Spot?
- I receive WIC benefits. Is my child(ren) eligible?
- Will the information I give be checked?
- If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
- What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- Who should I include as members of my household?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income?
Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
Who is eligible for the Free and Reduced Meal Program?
Are homeless, runaway and migrant children eligible?
Should I fill out an application if I received notification this school year saying my children are approved?
What if I already have a Hot Spot?
I receive WIC benefits. Is my child(ren) eligible?
Will the information I give be checked?
If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
Who should I include as members of my household?
What if my income is not always the same?
We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income?
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-941 O
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgia Cyber Academy is an equal opportunity provider.