Family Academic Support Team
The Family Academic Support Team (FAST) provides encouragement and support to students and learning coaches by virtual school environment. The Family Academic Success Team empowers students to overcome challenges- academic, social, emotional, medical and otherwise- to succeed in school and beyond. Our holistic approach includes early intervention, support services, and linking families to school and community-based resources.
Family Success Liaisons
The Family Success Liaison (FSL) provides a range of services to students and their family to help them be successful at GCA. The goal is to provide support to students by collaborating with teachers and parents to ensure student’s academic achievement and successful completion of school (or grade level standards). The FSL will collaborate with other FAST members to provide resources, training, facilitate engagement, and promote effective communication practices between parents, teachers and other support staff.
- The goal of an FSL is to build relationships with each of their families and be the point of contact for that family.
- They empower students to overcome challenges to succeed in the virtual school environment.
- Their holistic approach includes early intervention, support services, and linking families to school and community-based resources.
- FSLs and content teachers work together with families to provide the extra help needed to enable students to stay motivated and on track.
- Guide and direct the student through using the Online School Platform.
- Inform students and families of school updates/ information.
- Provide support in all areas of successful student learning and achievement.
Family Success Liaisons are available Monday-Friday from 8 am until 4 pm. If you are unable to reach your FSL, you should expect to receive a response within twenty-four hours (on school days).