Parent Advisory Council
The purpose of the Georgia Cyber Academy (GCA) Parent Advisory Council is for parents to be able to provide input on policies, projects, and plans that impact students and their families. Advisory Council members are particularly focused on how to increase parent and family engagement to ensure student academic success. Members serve as advisors and meet with District Administration, School Principals, and the Family Engagement Coordinators several times throughout the school year.
The goal of the GCA Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is to ensure effective involvement of parents and to form a partnership with GCA, parents, and the community with a focus on improving student academic achievement.*
The Parent Advisory Council will be comprised of 27 GCA parents and will include:
- GCA Parent-Teacher-Student Organization (PTSO) Board Members
- Parents of students in grades K-2
- Parents of students in grades 3-5
- Parents of students in grades 6-8
- Parents of students in grades 9-10
- Parents of students in grades 11-12
- Parents of students receiving Special Education (SE) services
- Parents of students receiving Advanced Learner Program (ALP) services
- Parents of English Learner (EL) students
Members have a maximum term of two years.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Must have been a GCA parent for a total of at least 1 year by June 2019
- Must complete the Application by August 16, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Must be willing and able to participate in GCA Parent Advisory Council Meetings.
The GCA Parent Advisory Council will meet seven times each year (August, September, October, January, March, April and May)
Six of the seven meetings can be held virtually. At least one meeting face-to-face will be held face to face at the GCA Office, 1745 Phoenix Blvd., Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia.
Parents who would like to apply for the 2019-2020 Parent Advisory Council must complete the Application by August 16, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
If you have questions relating to the GCA Parent Advisory Council, please contact Veronica Okpani, email@example.com.
*The GCA PAC is an advisory body. Final decision-making authority rests with the school directors. Duties and Responsibilities of the GCA PAC do NOT include: personnel issues (including hiring or evaluation of individual staff members), individual student issues, or any issue dealing with a specific student, staff member, or parent.