Middle School Blog
Champion Help... after school Math Program for 8th grade students.
Are you struggling with math? Do you have questions that are unanswered? If so, come be a CHAMP!
WHEN: Every Monday (beginning Oct 21st)
TIME: 4:30 PM until 5:30 PM
WHERE: Jigsaw link in your Canvas
This is a place where you can get your math questions answered and gain the confidence that you need.
So, let’s RISE UP and be a CHAMP!
Questions? Email Mr. Brown – email@example.com
IMPORTANT --- All MS students should receive their loaner laptops, if requested, by Friday, 10/4...
With that great news, please read the information below about the RISE UP (catch up) modules for each of your courses and 0's being added for incomplete assignments:
- On 10/3 – 10/4 teachers will add 0's for any missing graded assignments in Infinite Campus. Prepare yourself for grades changing in Infinite Campus, but know you can improve by completing the "RISE UP" Module in Canvas which will be available on 10/7.
- The "RISE UP" module is a solution to barriers presented at the beginning of school and will not be offered again.
- 0's are not meant as a punishment, but as an awareness of what needs to be completed so you understand the material you have missed.
- By Monday, 10/7 each of your teachers (both content and electives) will include in Canvas a “RISE UP” module
- Deadline to complete – 10/31 – after 10/31 any missing graded assignments will remain a 0
Beginning Monday, 9/30 – ALL STUDENTS:
- Expected to complete assignments assigned from this date on (Exception for those enrolled 10/14 and after – they are responsible for assignments from their start date)
- Beginning or Developing students are required to attend all live content classes (if unsure email your Homeroom teacher)
- Elective classes are optional to attend live for all students
- Late policy will go into effect - District Handbook (p. 29)
- Students with start dates after 8/5 – Responsible for MAP, Pre-test for SS/SCI/Electives and work from your start date on
You can do this – RISE UP!!
If you have any questions, please email or call your Homeroom teacher and/or content teacher(s)
**Special Program accommodations will be considered