It is amazing how many technology issues can be resolved by completing simple steps. If you are experiencing any of the issues listed below, please try the troubleshooting tips listed below before reaching out for support.
- Slow Internet Browser
- Unresponsive Internet Browser
- Slow or Unresponsive Computer
- Google Chrome Pop-Up Blocker
Is your browser running slow?
Clear the cache.
Why does this work? Cache files help site access run more smoothly and speedily. When program developers make updates to program files and your browser has cached the outdated file, your browser is going to keep serving the old, cached version of the file. This is when you may encounter browser errors like “run time” error, buttons missing on the page, unable to save, etc.
Select the browser below for instructions on how to clear cache:
Is your computer running slow or unresponsive?
Why does it work? Your computer works hard all day. At the end of the day, how many tabs are you closing out? How many tabs do you close during the day? You closed them BUT there are still crumbs of work left behind that are dragging down the system. When you reboot your computer, every single program and process ends as the power leaves your computer during the restart process. Once your computer starts back up, you have a clean slate of sorts and, more often than not, a faster, better working computer.
Three ways to restart your computer:
- Select the windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen. Select the power icon. Select "Restart".
- Press Ctrl + Atl + Del on the keyboard. A screen containing several options will appear. Select the power icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Select "Restart".
- If the computer is frozen or unresponsive: Perform a hardware reboot by pressing and holding the power button until the computer powers down. Wait 30 seconds, then press the power button to turn your computer back on. NOTE: Only use this method if your computer is frozen or unresponsive.
· By default, Google Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar will be marked Pop-up blocked
You can also decide to allow pop-ups. How to allow pop-ups in Chrome.
Software Issue – please contact your Family Success Liaison
Content issue – please contact your content teacher
Hardware issue – please contact tech support 404-334-4790 Ext. 8
Jigsaw access – please contact Jigsaw support 1-877-571-0004