Families who meet the requirements listed below are eligible to receive either a hot spot or in special circumstances an ISP supplement checks to help off-set the cost of internet service for their student(s).
The requirements for receiving a hot spot or an ISP supplement are:
- Family participates in the GCA Online School per requirements.
- Family has a Georgia Cyber Academy loaner computer.
- Family has completed a family income form after July 1st of the current school year.
- Family is compliant in academics, attendance, records and all other GCA requirements.
- Family must have a current student address on file. Failure to provide an updated student address with required proof of residence will result in the forfeiture of the hot spot or in the ISP check being voided and the check will not be re-issued.
- Family does not have a GCA issued Hot Spot.
If multiple families reside in the same residence, only one family will receive the hot spot or ISP supplement.
ISP checks are only issued if the hot spot provider does not provide internet coverage in the area where the student resides (the student address of record).
If an ISP check is warranted, then it will be mailed twice per school year at the rate of $9.95 per month (per household) for the school year ISP supplement payments are made at the end of January and at the end of June or July and it is the responsibility of the legal guardian to ensure that all information listed in their student’s Infinite Campus account is accurate for mailing purposes. ISP checks are issued to the legal guardian on record.
Eligibility for the ISP supplement begins the first full month after the family receives the loaner computer package. To receive the supplement when issued in January or June/July, the student must be enrolled in the school at the time of supplement processing to be eligible to receive it. Please be aware that if an ISP check is lost, Georgia Cyber Academy does not automatically reissue a check to the family. If a check is not received or is lost in the mail, parents need to notify the Georgia Cyber Academy office within thirty (30) days of checks being mailed to open an inquiry. At the discretion of Georgia Cyber Academy, non-compliant students may have ISP supplements denied. Checks not cashed within ninety (90) days will not be reissued.